1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A blast from the past ... random shoutouts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://web.archive.org/web/20040216035809/www.sportsjournalists.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1055566786;start=0

Pages 10, 14, 16 and 19 are missing, for me, but so much good stuff here. The advent of ass-scented candles isn't even the highlight.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"By the way, to answer one of SW's shoutouts (and not shout ats): Yankee Candle has a cucumber canteloupe candle that is outstanding. I have one at my house and keep a smaller one for travel. I always take candles on the road because most hotel rooms - even in the finer chains - smell like ass." -- Moddy, #105.

"It's funny because I always travel with an ass-scented candle, in case my hotel room smells like cucumbers and cantaloupe." -- Buck, #110.

On that same page, dools showed 4867 posts to his name.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, he and BYH were just babies back then.

Course, it WAS nine years ago. Jeebus.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

God how I miss Clubber Slang.

Also ...

"sluts who go out and make their thong visible (straps above the low-riding jeans - it's trashy, but hot)"

A salute to he who eats Fruit Roll-Ups in a bomb shelter in SJ's nether world.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

People were way too nice back then. I'm uncomfortable.

Fuck all y'all.

Edit: There it is. Took a few pages for the snark and anger to kick in.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was still a lurker at the time of this thread. It took 4 more months for me to suck it up and register. Shout out to all of you!

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How many posts did hockeybeat have at that time?

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You can look at the index page, which has the top 10 posters. hockeybeat had 6,653, 381 more than you.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow it probably wasn't much after that when h-beat and I, egged on by spnited and to the dismay of many, battled for the lead. I took the lead, lead, but 21 crashed the board and two weeks later, enough board history was lost for me to be second again. Then the BYH onslaught came

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

sure. blame 21.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Who actually has the most posts, including sock puppets and deleted posts?

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lord. A couple of people have deleted their accounts on their own and started again, several times. So it is hard to say. I'm not even sure who is listed as No. 1 now. Plus, we had those 19 days of posts wiped out - no telling how that impacted the actual standings.

Draft saved Draft deleted