1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A biopic you're hoping to see (and the actor)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Aug 21, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

scar jo is way too glamorous (hot) to play janis. murphy would be an excellent choice for her acting chops. i also beliopdeve she could be glammed down enough to be very believeable, much like charlize theron in "monster." i love scarlett but don't know if she could pull off the acting chops required. or if she'd be willing to make herself that unrecognizable.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Chris Cooper actually resembles Gordie somewhat facially, but is only 5-10 while Howe was a barrel-chested 6-2.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I saw somewhere that Jake Gyllenhaal is going to play Joe Namath, anyone think that could be good?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Who wants to tackle Stevie Wonder's biopic? And can anyone make it half as good as "Ray" is?

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I would see that.

I know there are supposedly two films in the works about Marvin Gaye. I think Jesse L. Martin is playing him in one and the other is still up in the air.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Lenny Kravitz?

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I had heard Andre from the hip-hop group Outkast had expressed interest.

He could probably pull it off, he has some talent as far as music goes and has done some acting.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm glad Scorcese found his next favorite actor. The Roosevelt bio pic sounds amazing and the previews for Shutter Island look great too...

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I am strug-uh-ling over whether or not I would see this movie. Who's playing Suzy Kolber?

10. part-timer

part-timer Member

Sam Cooke. Don Cheadle may be too old, but someone of that talent level.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I just bought "What's Going On" ... the album, not just the track. Something on Marvin Gaye needs to be done and done well. What motivated "What's Going On" considering that he was in an artistic funk combined with Berry Gordy's hesitation to back the album. And yeah, his father didn't exactly have both oars in the water, either.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Charlie Chaplin, played by Michael Clarke Duncan.

Draft saved Draft deleted