1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A biopic you're hoping to see (and the actor)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Aug 21, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

a biopic of janis would be compelling. with her hair frizzed up right and dye brown, maybe zooey duchsanel? i dunno. tough casting call, i reckon. she didn't exactly have hollywood looks...

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Mark Wahlberg play himself in a biopic about Mark Wahlberg.

3. statrat

statrat Member

I echo this. It probably would take a miniseries to do the man justice. No idea who play him either.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

There have been at least two Janis Joplin films "in the works" over the last five years, neither of which have actually gotten to the filming stage. One had ScarJo attached to it, and I believe the other was to star Brittany Murphy?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I thought the Edie Sedgewick movie was a cool idea, although not well done.
    A good Lucille Ball movie would be cool.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/nov/12/jerry-garcia-biopic

I would see it, but I get the feeling like it'd be easy to screw up. I don't know why, but for biopics in general, I'd almost rather have an actor I've never heard of play the lead role in an attempt to increase the authenticity.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Supposedly Leo DiCaprio and Scorcese are working on The Rise of Teddy Roosevelt which would take TR up to the Rough Riders. Might be a great franchise for DiCaprio - as he ages - he could do the middle period and later his post-presidency. Read The River of Doubt about a trip Teddy took in the Amazon on an uncharted river after he left office, that alone read like Deliverance.

8. I believe the girl from 30 Rock is filming the movie.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Couldn't be any worse than The Rose

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Rural Juror is still filming.

How about Artie Lange starring Tony Siragusa or Tony Siragusa starring Artie Lange?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I would watch it. Of course, I'm a big Jerry fan.
    Speaking of movies about people of whom I'm a big fan, there's an interesting documentary about Robert Anton Wilson called 'Maybe Logic.'

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You forgot Communist.

But if you're a fan, check out this CD: http://www.black47.com/albums/homeofthebrave.html

Draft saved Draft deleted