1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A billion inches on Rich Rodriguez

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pendleton, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

I didn't have the space to run the story, but I did enjoy reading it, nonetheless.

In this day and age when AP's motto seems to be less is more, I appreciated Larry's effort.

2. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Didn't read it, but at the risk of hijacking, props to Carty's story after the App. loss last year.
    Did that win Jim an award? It was damn fine work for those who didn't read it, and sorry I don't have a link to it.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I read the story and liked it. What's the big deal? Don't want to read it, don't read it. Don't want to run it, don't run it. But quit fucking complaining when somebody does something different.

4. Jim_Carty

Jim_Carty Member

Thanks, Buck.

It was my favorite live column ever ... so of course it didn't win a damn thing, lol.

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Exactly. As I mentioned, it's a lot of damn work to get the story together, while working the rest of your job as well. If you're not motivated, quit bitching about those who are.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If anyone in Michigan still has the Lage enterprise piece on Rodriguez, could you please PM it to me? I'm interested in reading what all the fuss is about.

7. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

hockeybeat, it's all over the Net. Not hard to find it if you try.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Forgot about this thread. My rag ran the whole thing.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Except for the mighty Central Michigan Chippewas who will shock the world possibly cover the 23 1/2 point spread possibly allow less than 70 points between the hedges this weekend.

Anyhow, we ran the 90 inch Lloyd Carr piece (apparently LL asked all of the Michigan SE's really nicely at the time or something like that), mostly because it's not like we had a lot of stuff other than that going on Jan. 2. But on a Monday in the middle of fall sports season? No thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted