1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A billion inches on Rich Rodriguez

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pendleton, Aug 30, 2008.

1. it's unbelievable

so many of these threads about legitimate journalistic issues turn into a place for a bunch of idiot losers to argue about whether some quarterback nobody gives a fuck about can run some offense or other

the question of whether a very long AP story on a major college coach serves any newspapers is an interesting one.

inane bickering about john navarre isn't interesting and belongs on the loser / asshole / fanboy / never-had-a-date / don't-have-a-life / board

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Yeah, it's always so enlightening to hear people arguing for doing less. Reading these boards, the cluelessness is depressing.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's what she said.

4. It's bitch.

And moan.

Thanks for stopping by.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

I don't blame you for being defensive.

If I were in your shoes, I would be, too.

6. Really, why? No where on here have I expressed an opinion on the story.

I haven't even read it.

But at least I'm not a bitter fuck like you and the other guy.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah they cover junior college football instead.

8. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

To answer an earlier question ... the Ann Arbor News ran much of the story, and Crusoes' paper ran it in some version ... so that's at least two papers.

And to answer another question ... Hell no, not every paper in the state covers Michigan. Most are barely able to survive at the moment, and rely on AP writers like Larry Lage to cover the Wolverines for them.

I had a chance to read it while editing college football for my paper Saturday, and like Carty said, it was a nice piece of enterprise work.

Sometimes, peeps, it's more than x's and o's. And this was a piece in which Fort Schembechler gave unprecedented access to the football program for a reporter. Kudos to the U.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

All college ball is junior college ball in Michigan this season.

10. Montezuma's Revenge

No, I'm not a bitter fuck. I've got a damn good job. But I see so much ignorance on these boards, so many people who can't see past the nuts and bolts. Anybody in the business who can't see the worth of doing this type of story is pretty damn hopeless.

11. Well, I'm glad you're here to straighten us all out.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually, the state's MAC schools look like they might be pretty decent this year. I've read a couple previews which rank WMU as the top team in the state.

Draft saved Draft deleted