1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Bill Clinton-like comment from Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, May 15, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That's simple -- it is all over the internet so it must be true....
    http://www.etherzone.com/body.html

2. QED.
    Who cuts your food for you?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This is junior high, pattycake bullshit compared to what's coming from the Republican attack machine. The one that turned Max Clelland into a war criminal and made it cool to mock war injuries.
    If Obama's best answer is to say it was someone else's fault, means that he is not ready for the storm. And anyone who thinks Clinton has been bashing him, has no idea.
    Long-time political strategists have been calling Clinton's jabs as "cupcakes."
    I want Obama to win, but so many of his supporters seem to think that everyone will play nice and they won't.

4. zagoshe

Jay -- It is clear you are such a shill for the Clintons that you've become delusional -- either that or you've been asleep for the past 20 years.

The Clintons have made an entire political career out of blaming everybody else for every one of their mistakes and every bad act or misstep they have committed. Hell they can't even take for responsibility the fact that the reason THEY.HAVE.LOST is because they fucked up this campaign from day one and that their arrogance cost them a chance to win.......

5. JayFarrar

And anyone who thinks that Clintons are treated by a different set of rules, hasn't been paying attention.
    One group organized against Hillary is C.U.N.T.
    C.U.N.T.'s leader is featured regularly on cable news programs.
    I don't see any anti-Obama groups that are N.I.G.G.E.R. and if they are out there, they haven't been popping up on MSNBC or CNN.

6. Granted, Jay.
    But this Tapper post is cheapshot bullshit from a guy who a couple of weeks ago posted that he couldn't run down a story because he was eating lunch.
    Obama will be ready when the bell rings.
    And a lot of the stuff isn't going to sell this time around.

7. At least all Obama does is blame his staff for mistakes. Unlike Hillary, who has members of her staff murdered. I read it online somewhere.

8. I am begging you not to encourage him.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Considering that undecided voters are the biggest batch of morons on the entire planet, something petty like this could have an impact. Which would just show us how dumb our fellow Americans really are.

10. JayFarrar

Lordy, I hope you are right.
    On both counts.
    And Tapper's got to eat, but I don't want him around either. Maybe him, Mo Dowd and the rest off the "elite" Washington press corps can go off assignment somewhere and not come back until after the election.
    Or all die.
    I'd be happy either way.
    EDIT: Maybe the Arkansas mafia that did all the murdering for Clinton can get some action and start taking people out. Last I heard, they were hanging out in a Mena retirement community, looking for something to do.
    They do have quite the resume: Ron Brown, Vince Foster, well Hell, I can't remember them all since so many were snuffed out.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think it was snarky the way she tried to play the victim card. (Yes, I'm talking about the original topic of a thread).

There is nothing that shows that there wasn't a Q&A after the tour, maybe she just couldn't get her question in at the Q&A. Fuck, who's to say she didn't just pack it in after that comment and say "we have our story" because I work in TV. I know a lot of tv folk who would pack it in at that point and say "we'll be all over the networks tomorrow morning when we run that."

Always two sides to a story.

12. zagoshe

I've never seen this so-called leader or have I ever heard of this group and I just googled it and got a whole lot of X-rated responses - so please spare us with this crap. Obama has been under some of the most ruthless attacks I've ever seen and most of them are racial.

And again the Clinton's wrote the playbook on how to pass the buck and never accept blame for anything.

The body count they left behind is just the icing on that cake.....

Draft saved Draft deleted