1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Bill Clinton-like comment from Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, May 15, 2008.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

By the way, Rush is on the air right now ripping Obama for apologizing. Said he wussed out.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And he called her back personally to apologize...imagine Bush calling Clymer to apologize for calling him a major league a-hole.
    And Fox and Friends piled on BO this morning for referring to 57 states. No word on if they heard of McCain mixing up the Iran - Iraq thing.

I've got to think if this is the best they can do with Obama, it is looking pretty good for November.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It was a silly thing to say when he knows he's being watched and listened to every second of every day. That said, I'm encouraged Poin agrees this shouldn't be an issue that drives whether or not someone votes for him. Same for McCain's supposed comment to his wife. I dislike that word, but if I were held responsible for every single word I ever said to either of my ex-wives -- both of whom were/are still friends -- I wouldn't be elected dogcatcher for Spittle County.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Absolutely you have a point -- if this were truly Clinton-like, Obama would have had his minions trash the reporter, blame Dick Scaife and the Vast-Right Wing Conspiracy and then point his finger at the TV and say "I did not call that woman sweetie...."

Then, two weeks from now the reporter would die in a very suspicious hit-and-run automobile crash....

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That was right after Obama was in Pittsburgh's football stadium and talked about 50 steak sauces.

6. Has the drug-addled sex tourist apologized yet to the maid he sent out to score his dope?

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When you consider there are primaries in Guam and Puerto Rico . . . and some states have caucuses as well as primaries . . . I'd say 57 was closer to the truth than 50.

8. And some crackpot preacher would assemble and market another fraudulent videotape to sell to the small, but lucrative, libertarian-sucker market.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

maybe Obama can blame his staff again.
    That would be awesome.
    For background, read Jake Tapper,
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/05/obamas-inabilit.html
    he's been keeping track. So far Obama has publicly blamed staff on 10 different occasions and that doesn't count the times he has disavowed staff comments, that's four times.
    So Tapper's count is 14 times since June 2007.
    The money line from Tapper is ...

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Right, right. He should be more like Hillary and Slick Willy -- the models of taking responsibility for their actions and not blaming mistakes on their minions right?

You've got to be kidding.

And Fenian -- I never bought a video tape from anyone but you obviously have since you quote it so often so I guess that makes you the sucker....

11. OK, so you know about these "mysterious deaths," how?
    Please show your work.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

This just shows you how desperate people are right now to stop a black guy from getting into the White House.

Answers to a questionnaire? Are you fucking kidding me?

An "ex-gay" singer was playing music on his South Carolina campaign? Oh, the horror!

Sending U.S. citizens into a presidential library to do research? Arrest them now!

Draft saved Draft deleted