1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A better question: Who is LT?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Forget about deciding who is the best RB to wear an NFL uniform ... who is LT? I mean, really ... if only one player in league history had the right to be called LT, would it be Lawrence Taylor or LaDainian Tomlinson?

Some publications have fun with choosing one player for all time for each jersey number. What about nicknames or initials? Who's your LT? Should there be a Madden playoff to decide?

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Lawrence Taylor: LT
    LaDainian Tomlinson: L-TD

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

There's only one LT and he's done more cocaine than Whitney and Bobby combined.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

La TD

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Only one LT. Man, I wish I could tell my best LT (Taylor) story, but unfortunately, I can't give vital details.

But just as a tease... It involved LT and an absolutely frightened-looking woman who probably had no clue who he is. It ended with him slinking away with his head down and his shoulders slumped, and me and a workmate actually feeling sorry for him. There was no violence involved.

EDIT: From a PM I got... NO, it doesn't involve a hooker. For that matter, it doesn't involve anything illegal or that LT needs to feel remorseful about.

6. tommyp

tommyp Member

This has always bugged me, being a fan of the original one and only. LDT or LTD is totally fine with me. Not LT, tho.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There is/was only one LT.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If LaDainian Tomlinson breaks Joe Theismann's other leg, I'll call him LT. :) ;D :D

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

wouldn't it be better, chuck, if tomlinson broke theismann's jaw and knocked out a few teeth so he couldn't talk?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why, Lamar Thomas, of course.

11. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

It's definitely Taylor. I hate giving the same nickname to different people. Can't we be more original to that? Why not call him Shades or something?

Pudge is the other one for me. Pudge was Carlton Fisk when I was a kid, know Ivan Rodriguez is exclusively Pudge. STOP IT!!!

12. carrie

carrie Active Member

LaDainian will always be L-Diddy to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted