1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A bad tooth day in the SC house

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Nov 27, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

*shivers* Gross!

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, ridges.

3. sportschick

You are so strange.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

awful timing, sportschick. load up on the meds. hope the pain subsides enough in time to enjoy the day.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I had a similar situation once (minus the cat). I can't recall which winter holiday it was before, but I had to have a tooth pulled to set the stage for a bridge. Well the tooth was a bastard to get out and the fracking dentist ending up injuring my jaw.

The next day I was eating something and my jaw slipped off line due to me changing my chewing pattern to sidestep the injury. Then it was a few days of pain and not eating. Muscle relaxers eventually fixed it, but the same thing happened again a few months later and I was socked with a $600 charge for a special mouth piece to help align my jaw.

After all of this, I'm thankful I never decided to try boxing.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Alcohol, sc. Alcohol.

Drop a few drops into Maggie's water too. :D

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

We know.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

SC - sorry to hear about the dental problems for you and your cat. On the bright side, with no pain meds for the cat, at least your suffering is eased by not having to try give the cat pills :)

9. word. the only necessary Thanksgiving condiment/side dish.

10. sportschick

Oh, she still has pills, just not pain ones. Never has my decision to have her declawed made such sense :D

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That made me laugh. :D

My wisdom teeth are half in. I say that because they're coming in sideways. So the half that's above the gums is in...but the rest is pushing against my back molar in all four spots. I'm going to have to have them cut out at some point, but not now.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Make sure you get free ice cream out of the deal -- and an upgrade in painkillers. Those two things made my wisdom-teeth removal pretty bearable. I think they put me under. Or maybe I just fell asleep.

Draft saved Draft deleted