1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A bad tooth day in the SC house

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Infection. Get it out early and it only costs a little money.

Leave it there and it costs a lot of money, plus plenty of other potential health complications.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My wisdom teeth have yet to come in.

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Thanks for the info, makes perfect sense. I have had like six or seven teeth taken out over the course of my dental work career, including wisdom teeth. Luckily they came out pretty easily. Healing, on the other hand, that's a different story.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Some people never have to worry about it - the lucky ones.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mine didn't start coming in until I was 25 or 26. Nasty, evil things.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm sorry, SC. That sucks. And poor kitty.

Why did they do a root canal on a cat? Why not just pull that tooth?

7. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

This is just a complete guess in the dark on that, but maybe the particular tooth is more necessary for a cat than for a person. I'm pretty sure cats still have something like 30 permanent teeth, but they obviously eat differently, so I don't know.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

When I got mine pulled a year ago (I did it the way it was meant to be done. IV, complete knock-out and they took all four at once. And then, two weeks later, after the hurling from the pain meds, the swelling and the bruising that went all the way up into my eyelids was gone, I was back to normal.) I think they accidentally hit the very back tooth on my upper jaw. For a week or so, it felt like something was constantly digging into my cheek...REALLY SHARP digging. I thought it was just something stuck between my teeth so eventually, I just pried it off. I'm pretty sure it was a loose part of the top half of my tooth, because there's been a big gaping hole there ever since.

Between that and the fact that now, extremely cold foods bother me (it makes my lower jaw hurt so bad...I'm thinking they might have hit a nerve or something), I'm glad I never have to repeat the wisdom tooth experience ever again.

9. sportschick

It was a canine. They try to save those. She had three other ones pulled. Poor thing has terrible teeth. She's already down about half of them.

Wenders, they did my wisdom teeth the same way, completely knocked me out. I wouldn't recommend it any other way.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

You've got a redneck cat! :D

Are you gonna be able to eat much of anything on the best eating day of the year? Timing sucks, SC. Hope you feel better soon.

11. sportschick

Eh, I should be able to eat stuffing and mashed potatoes at the very least, and those are my favorites anyway. I'll give my turkey to the cats. :)

12. pallister

pallister Guest

The cranberry in a can should be doable, too. That's stuff's awesome. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted