1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A bad tooth day in the SC house

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Nov 27, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So yesterday my girlcat (i.e. not Stan) and I both went in for teeth cleaning.

She wound up with a root canal and three fewer teeth (to the tune of $659 at the fancy schmanzy cats-only vet), while I had to have a sliver of bone left from the chiseling out of my wisdom tooth pulled.

Both of us are curled up on the couch right now with achy jaws. I have pain meds, but she doesn't, so I suffer in solidarity.

I really have no purpose for this thread other than whining about hurting, not being able to enjoy my turkey because of my jaw and the credit card bill I'm gonna have next month thanks to the feline.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

700 bucks? Holy cow.

Hope you get to feeling better quickly.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never heard of a cat getting dental work done.

See? I learned something today.

4. sportschick

Critters are expensive, Ky.

And seriously Mike? You need to get out more ;)

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

SC,

I'm sorry. That sound absolutely awful. Ugh ... too late to throw the turkey in the blender?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Apparently. I also need to put on pants. It's cold in here.

7. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Throw in some cranberry sauce, some gravy...you'll have a dandy protein shake.

8. sportschick

I think the cats would like that. I would just hurl.

9. Sam Mills 51

And a sliver of bone near the wisdom tooth? Did they not get the whole tooth last time, or did they have to dig closer to the jawbone?

When I had one of mine pulled two months ago, it was a local, pliers that could grab a sequoia, and enough yanking to physically shake me in the chair.

10. sportschick

They had to chisel the tooth out in about 10 pieces. Entirely possible they missed a bit or chipped off a piece of bone that just now worked its way out.

11. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Holy crap, why'd they have to do all that?

12. Sam Mills 51

Oh, cripe ...

Mine came out in one piece. I asked how bad it was. They asked "It was kinda rotten ... you want to see it?"

I declined. No point in their cleaning up vomit, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted