1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

_LongTerm_

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Higher quality work there.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nope, you're wrong, Mikey. Rumplefly says so.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I haven't noticed anything like this. I'm on a PC with Firefox.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I just encountered it for the first time today. It was in a link.

I clicked on the link made _LongTerm_ and it still got me to the same place the URL itself would have.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Safari/Mac here. No problems for me.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

are we ever going to get an answer for this and a remedy? it's still happening for me using a mac laptop and both safari and firefox and it makes some posts impossible to read.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you hit the "quote" button you can read text in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page minus the "__LongTerm__"

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't know, tx...have you told Lucas?

Seems to me that would be the way to go.

9. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I love how it takes 10 days before someone finally sends me a PM or e-mail regarding this. I've been in El Salvador and now I'm in Vienna, so I have no time to check the site and have to rely on people to send me notes on stuff like this. I've said in the past that the best (only) way to get my attention is an e-mail or a PM, otherwise I will never see it. Especially when the topic name is obscure as this one. I will look into it but it does not seem as though this is a major problem because I have not received hardly any complaints and when you click on the link it still works.

10. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Sure. No big deal to Lucas. But some folks have been locked in their basements for days, thinking the end of the world is near. They have no communication and, obviously, no friends. Who is going to rescue them now?

Our only hope is to go to this site and search for their location:

_Long_Term_

11. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

This seems to be a problem with the coding for one of the advertising companies. They are looking into it.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Vienna? Hell, you can get sausages in Milwaukee -- and they're full sized, too

Draft saved Draft deleted