1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9mm brand/model of choice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, May 3, 2007.

?

Which brand of 9mm would you recommend

1. Glock

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Sig Sauer

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Beretta

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Springfield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. S&W

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Desert Eagle

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Other

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Como estan, bitches!

[​IMG]

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've always wanted a .475 Wildey Magnum like the one Charles Bronson used in "Death Wish 3."

"It's a shorter version of the African big game cartridge. It makes a real mess!" :D

[​IMG]

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I've never seen a decent Glock for less than $800.

4. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Man up and go for the .50 caliber browning, if it was good enough for marines when they stormed the beaches at Normandy, its good enough for you.

[​IMG]

5. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

On second thought, go for the proton pack, you never know when you may need to waste some paranormal motherfuckers as well.

[​IMG]

6. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

All I've got is a modest .38 special. Easy to use, easy to clean, and if I need more than five or six shots, I'm probably fucked anyway.

By the way, it's cruel but needs to be said about Virginia Tech: shit happens. Outlawing guns won't solve anything. We've outlawed most drugs and that hasn't stopped a billion-dollar industry from getting the supply out. We tried Prohibition and went right back because of the mess it created. Laws are just words on paper that gonna stop people from getting what they want if they want it bad enough to disregard those words, whether it be guns, drugs, money, etc. People will find a way around the general naive belief that if we just make another law, things will magically be better.

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I'd prefer the Beretta myself.
    But, choosing a firearm manufacturer is much the same as choosing a vehicle manufacturer. Love Chevy, hate Ford, vice versa, etc.
    So, it's pretty much up to you. Go to a dealer who has a range at his business and fire some rounds from each model until you narrow it down.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I recommend the kind Jocelyn Elders wanted, a safer gun with safer bullets. You know, the kind that shoots hearts and flowers.

Get the kind with the best stopping power. Because otherwise, why have one if it aint gonna do the trick.

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

This is a .30 caliber. Effective, but it won't saw down trees like a .50 would.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you're going to have the gun for personal defense, go with a revolver. They are easier to care for and you don't need 15 rounds for in home self defense. You really don't want to clean up the expended casings. Get a speed loader if you need more ammo.

If you want a home defense weapon, the recommendation from my friends in lawenforcement, from local poolice to ATF and FBI is a Mossburg, pistol grip pump shot gun. Racking the gun alone with cause any average bad guy to shit himself on the spot.

[​IMG]

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Definitive. But tough to conceal.

[​IMG]

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's an M9, baby. As a former military policeman, I've contaminated many-a range with lead from that very weapon. Later, as a weapons instructor and an armorer, I learned the finer points of the weapon. Three safety mechanisms. Won't fire unless you want it to. Fairly tough, although if you use high-powered rounds, the slide has been proven to break at the ejection port and hit its owner in the mouth. I'll bet that hurts.

Edit: On the last point: Beretta fixed that problem shortly after it happened. They installed a wheel on the left rear (in the slide groove) that causes the slide to bind up and won't hit the user in the mouth. It essentially raises the slide on one side, preventing it from coming off. It will, however, still break.

Draft saved Draft deleted