1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9mm brand/model of choice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, May 3, 2007.

?

Which brand of 9mm would you recommend

1. Glock

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Sig Sauer

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Beretta

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Springfield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. S&W

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Desert Eagle

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Other

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

"It is basically a Beretta 92F pistol and fires the 9mm NATO round."

I guess this the basic answer.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Jack Bauer carries a Glock. Need I say more?

3. Personal experience: Go with a Sig Sauer. It's a real gun. Glocks are plastic with a hair trigger. Unless you're well-trained with a Glock (ie. police officer) you're bound to accidentally fire under stress - and I can't tell you how many stories I've written about cops misfiring their Glocks. It's like shooting a water pistol.

My two cents.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

There is no reason for any private citizen to ever own a hand gun.

If we had serious gun control laws in this country, some whack job would not have had the means to gun down 32 people at Virginia Tech.

This thread sickens me.

5. I don't own a gun but I've done my research because I write about them a lot.

Personally, I prefer the Louisville slugger in my bedroom, though when my child was born, I honestly considered buying one ... sort of an instinctive thing but I grew out of it when I realized the insanity of having a gun in the house with a young kid.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thank God you came to your senses W-B.

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

The gun ban at Virginia Tech worked wonders.

My dad owns a Springfield .40 and loves it. Shoots nice, but he has killer aim anyway. I imagine the 9 would be of similar quality.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In my very limited experience with guns, I have fired a Glock.
    It seemed like a fine gun to me.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Bullet Tooth Tony: So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.
    Vinny: These are your last words, so make them a prayer.
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun...
    [Zoom in on the side of Sol's gun, which indeed has "REPLICA" etched on the side; zoom out, as they sneak peeks at the sides of their guns]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"...
    [Withdraws his gun and puts it on the table]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Written down the side of mine...
    [They look, zoom in on the side of his gun, which indeed has "DESERT EAGLE .50" etched on the side]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off!

10. Good. Fire a sig.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

This peacemaker, though illegal, has helped me escape many a vicious cockfight -- especially when fellow mean-spirited television journalists converge in a back alley and it gets out of hand quickly.

[​IMG]

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not around a lot of guns these days.
    If the opportunity comes up, I'll certainly try one.

Draft saved Draft deleted