1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

96 Arrested for drugs at SDSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, May 6, 2008.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Exactly. With 30,000-plus students, you're going to find just about every type of person represented.

I have a friend who was an NYC cop. I was giving him shit about one of the scandals -- I think it was the Abner Louima thing -- and he said, "How many fucking people do you think are on the force? With a group that large, why would anything surprise you?"

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Six frats suspended, including Theta Chi, whose house was raided.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080507/ap_on_re_us/college_drug_bust_25

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Amateurs.....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

"Police spokesman Amanda Huginkiss said all 96 students have claimed they were just holding for a friend."

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Man, this is surprising? Go do some real policing.

I went to a campus of 25,000 in the '80s and in my fraternity house alone there were at least 2 dealers (they were the ones getting the hotties on Fri. night, wonder why?)

The only surprising aspect is that they held the operation long enough to get some arrests.

Its college, when the students are in class 12-15 hours a week, there is a great deal of free time.

Am I advocating drug use? No. I'm saying be realistic. Fight demand, not supply.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Proud Theta Chi here.

First, the Alabama chapter throws shit at the Georgia football team. Now this.

Not good.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Are you out of your mind? Ninety-six arrests, almost $200K of cocaine $100K of marijuana (street value) seized, guns, other weapons ... oh, and two kids dead from ODs because of these assholes. Oh ... according to the San Diego paper, one of the suspects is a legit gangbanger with ties to Mexican drug cartels. He's allegedly the middleman between the college drug ring and the Mexicans.

That was real policing, ass.

Throw the fucking book at 'em.

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Theta Chi is just going to go buy from Oscar with the Columbian stuff.

IMHO, the kids did not OD because of those dealers, they OD'd because of themselves. Doesn't mean I do not feel for their loss.

As for the weapons, I admit I was not fully up on the facts.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But guns?

11. Have you or your friends ever smoked? Do you know how that weed got to you? The Marijuana Fairy didn't just fly in and place it under your pillow every night.

It's very strange the way people will absolve users of any responsibility but consider the sellers to be uniquely evil in some way.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

No.

Throw the fucking book at 'em.

Draft saved Draft deleted