1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

96 Arrested for drugs at SDSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, May 6, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

As the operation continued, DEA and SDSU Police infiltrated seven campus fraternities and discovered that in some fraternities, most of the members were aware of organized drug dealing occurring from the fraternity houses by its members. Undercover agents purchased cocaine from fraternity members and confirmed that a hierarchy existed for the purpose of selling drugs for money, prosecutors said.

In one instance, a member of the Theta Chi fraternity sent out a mass text message to his "faithful customers" stating that he and his "associates" would be traveling to Las Vegas for the weekend and would not be able to complete cocaine sales during that time, investigators said. The message noted that they were having a "sale" listed prices for different quantities of cocaine.

Newspapers are dying. Time was, this guy would have put an ad in the school rag.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Where did San Diego State rank as a party school? This news certainly will affect its ranking.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Nah, Blackwater.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not sure where you live, but virtually all the drug arrests in my neck of the woods are of whites and Hispanics. So maybe, y'know, this isn't an issue SOLELY about race.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. 1 with a bullet.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Don't you mean a line?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Whatever.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

At least, not intentional human sacrifices.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The DEA named this one "Operation Sudden Fall," which is pretty good. Not as good as one where I once lived. Seeking Jamaican drug lords who had migrated from NYC to my area, the feds embarked on "Operation Caribbean Blizzard."

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't know if you heard, but they already did that in Baltimore.

It was called The Wire.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Alley, I think it's more about class than race.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Am I to understand people are dealing and using drugs on a college campus?
    What is this world coming to?

Draft saved Draft deleted