1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recruiting Paralympic volunteer freelance writers

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Paralympic, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Paralympic

Paralympic New Member

The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is looking to recruit a number of volunteer writers to produce content for Paralympic.org, the IPC’s website, and a number of international sport federations in order to continue raising the profile of para-sport and its athletes following the huge success of London 2012.

University students, recent graduates and freelance writers of any age are encouraged to apply for this incredible chance to cover athletes who compete regularly in the 28 different Paralympic sports as well as the Paralympic Games – the world’s second biggest multi- sport event.

Those selected will write and report on a specific Paralympic sport, providing coverage to sports fans everywhere on Paralympic.org, a website viewed by millions of people each year.

Although the position is unpaid, the experience you will receive is invaluable and will look outstanding on any curriculum vitae or resume. Of the volunteer writers recruited, the best and most enthusiastic will be invited by the IPC to attend and cover World Championship events as well as future Paralympic Games – a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

More information on how to apply can be found here: http://www.paralympic.org/Jobs

2. behindthebarricade

behindthebarricade New Member

I applied for this. I'm a 2008 Bronze Medalist from the World Cup Of Sled Hockey and a sports writer for the last several years so this position is a perfect fit for me as a former disabled athlete myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted