1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grand Lar"Chen"ey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BenPoquette, Jan 4, 2013.

1. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Did anyone else think the ending of the Colorado @ Arizona game was a bit of homerism (or downright highway robbery) because of the officials' decision? How can you overturn that call?

2. turski7

turski7 Member

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Supposedly, Sean Miller even told Phelps he thought it was good.

4. BenPoquette

Saw that shot as well as the super slo-mo they showed. What discourages me is the conference commish and head of officiating coming out and claiming the call was correct. Don't insult my intelligence. They are asking who we believe, them or our own lying eyes? Admit it was a blown call, apologize to Colorado and move on.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I believe the proper term is Grand Lar"Chen"eygate.

6. turski7

turski7 Member

Miles was annoying on the broadcast. If you wanna call homerism, call it on him. The floor view from behind made it appear the ball wasn't out of Chen's hand, but the side view clearly showed the opposite. He couldn't/wouldn't even admit that.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seeing the title of the thread, I thought to myself, "Oh no, WTF did Dick Cheney fuck up now?

8. BenPoquette

I LOVE how people just add "gate" to things. It's awesome and not utilized nearly enough.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Yep, it's pretty much become a gategate.

Draft saved Draft deleted