1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

93rd PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Aug 10, 2011.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

It's almost as if there was something in his body that had been compromising his tendons and ligaments.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm sure Schlereth (sp) has sympathy for him. Let's not forget not every surgery is the same, any incision counts as a "surgery". I believe he's had one major MCL/ACL surgery.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Haven't seen Steve Williams on the leaderboard. Anybody know what he shot?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think you're missing the point on his "apology." He took Adam Scott's win and acted as if it were his own. When he felt the backlash from that, he apologized for upstaging Scott — you know, the guy who won the damn tournament — but followed it up by acting as if the fans came out to see him carry Adam Scott's bag.

I couldn't care less if he wants to take jabs at Tiger (though I think he looks petty, childish and unprofessional in doing so), but he's blatantly insulting Scott, the golfer whose bag he's carrying, by referring to it as the "the most special win of my career."

5. TwoGloves

As I said before, he may have caddied for Floyd and Norman before Tiger, but how many golf fans knew who the hell he was before he starting working for Tiger? He's a pompous ass.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm just impressed with his improvement as a caddie. The way he choked during Norman's collapse, I didn't think he'd ever recover. The way he dragged Tiger to 13 major championship wins and carried Scott to the biggest win of all, the Bridgestone Invitational, was just truly inspiring. And it was really great to see the fans come out to see him last week. ::)

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was glad to hear from my golf writing friends that Tiger was man enough to go and talk to the media after his round.

9. TwoGloves

Doesn't surprise me. But in all fairness, the guy does talk after virtually every round he plays. Even if he doesn't say much, who else does that?

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Stevie's pissed that Tiger fired him because he wanted a job with weekends off.

11. TwoGloves

Williams shot a nice 1-under-par today.

12. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Arnold Palmer did. So did Jack Nicklaus. So does Tom Watson.
    Unlike Tiger Woods, they weren't jerks about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted