1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

93rd PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Aug 10, 2011.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Returns to Atlanta Athletic Club, where David Toms won 10 years ago. They've added some yardage to the golf course — so what else is new? — and from the tips, the par-3 15th, where Toms made a hole-in-one in Round 3 in 2001, can play 260. That hole will get ugly if they play it that long and they get a change of wind direction. The weather forecast doesn't look to be unbearable: projected daily highs of 90, 92, 89 and 87.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I wonder what Steve Williams will shoot

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Look for him to battle Kim Jong Il for the title.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I posted this on the Tiger Woods thread, but since the conversation here quickly turned to Super Caddy, I'll repost it here:

So Stevie apologizes for basically taking credit for Adam Scott's win last weekend and then follows it up by again acting as if people come out to see HIM carry a bag.

Yeesh, what a douche.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wind would make it interesting, but time and again the pros have shown that length in itself isn't much of a defense for a course. On that 260-yard par-3, guys can hit sky-high hybrids -- Webb Simpson did yesterday and aced it.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

A photographer?

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Woods said last week.....from the middle tee to a middle pin was 267.

If they decide to go back-back........(which I don't think they would do, but it wouldn't be the first time there's been a 300 yard Par 3)......it would be close to 290.

EDIT: 8th at Oakmont played to 305 a couple years back when Cabrera won it.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder what the winner will have to do to make the AP lede (assuming it's not Woods). :D

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'll take Cabrera to win; Phil in Top 5; Woodland and Fowler in Top 5 as well.

Woods around T20.

Would love to see Woodland or Fowler win it as well.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It Tiger drives like he did last week - he hit less than 40 percent of the fairways - he'll finish somewhere around Valdosta. One can only hope.

I'm sure the SI roundtable guys have him as the odds-on favorite, though, because he's just so mentally tough and his game is THIS CLOSE! to what it once was.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I said two weeks ago that Tiger would win either last week or this week.

I would like to retract that statement.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'll take Dustin to win; he's got to finally break through. He's got the length, the demeanor, the short game.

McIlroy and Donald will challenge.

Tiger will get a T-10.

Draft saved Draft deleted