1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

92,000+ for Bama spring game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chazp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Why do pigeons fly upside down over Alabama?

There isn't anything there worth shitting on.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Alabama football and Kentucky basketball fans are the exact — EXACT — same. But their ridiculous sense of entitlement appearing the same on the facade while everyone else knows it's rotting away on the inside due to a complete lack of success and relevance the past several years is quite amuzing. The national followings that both once had are gone with the new generation, and deep down, those people have to know that. Go find some kid with no connection to either program anywhere in the country going to buy merchandise with their name on it. Go on, try...

They have lost their relevance nearly everywhere outside their states' borders. Beating either is just another conference win now, and somewhere in the middle of the pack in terms of importance.

So I don't get upset anymore when a fan of either acts like a majority of them act. I laugh my ass off. They're kind of like the 50-year-old woman who puts on too much makeup and buys the same hip, tight-fitting clothes as her daughter ... everyone is laughing at them ...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I honestly heard some Bama fan-boy assclown call into a radio show yesterday and say "After seeing 92 thousand people, I bet Auburn is crapping its pants" as if Auburn was one entity...

Yes, dickwad. They is.

4. Hammer Pants

And they could wipe that crap off with the handful of consecutive Iron Bowl wins they have. Four million or not, Tubbs can hang with Saban. Bama's political stranglehold on the state isn't what it was.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Home team won each of the five games Auburn played against LSU while Saban was LSU's coach. In fact, the home-field advantage has held true in the two seasons since Saban left LSU.

I do expect Tuberville to hold his ground against Saban.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'm just glad there aren't any fanboys on this thread. [/blue font]

7. Hammer Pants

I didn't go to Auburn, but I did go to Tennessee, which I guess still makes me the Bama anti-fanboy looser. It really has more to do with the fans than anything, though. The Bama players I've interviewed over the years have almost all been really good kids.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I spoke with a guy who sat in on practice, and he was marvelling over how Saban was running four or five plays a minute.

Draft saved Draft deleted