1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

92,000+ for Bama spring game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chazp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know Shottie... it's a lot harder than it seems.
    And in this particular case, ain't happenin for me as long as Sawed Off's in charge

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I believe we have a winner to the question "why was there 92,000?" Further proof the state's sports pastime is college football and NASCAR runs a close second.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe. But when PAID attendance runs at 160K for Talladega this week, you have an argument against that

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that a lot of the people that were there Saturday were people that don't get inside that stadium very often. Because it was free, they took advantage of the opportunity. Kinda like the time Wimbledon sold tickets for the first Sunday because of rainouts and a bunch of non-aristocrats got in, and wound up doing the wave.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But at least the NASCAR race counts for something in that sport.

I guess the "I Don't Get It" comedy club was having a slow night with that football exhibition going on. I cannot bring myself to call it a game.

6. WS

WS Member

After the Klan meetings today, we're all going to go fellate our favorite writer under the age of 25.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hey I have driven in Virginia and heard radio ads for "Triple K Fence Company."

I shit you not.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, as much as I hate NASCAR, at least some people can justify paying for an event where there is actual competition that counts, which is more than I can say for a stupid spring game...

9. at 1,200?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And pray tell, who would THAT F-in stud be?

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Ryan Sonner.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Ryan no longer writes.

Draft saved Draft deleted