1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

92,000+ for Bama spring game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chazp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Three things you can count on in life are death, taxes, and some southerners taking you seriously when you crack on them. Oh my. I'm sure I'd have a blast on the gulf coast if I were down there.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The horse would be a nice touch, to add emphasis to "and the horse you rode in on..."

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

92,000+ at a spring game proves only one thing...

Alabama is the greatest wasteland in Ameica.
    Don't these fucking assholes have a life?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I was going to say this in a nicer way...

I mean, c'mon. Spring games fucking suck.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I guess all the Klan meetings were scheduled for Sunday...

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Could not have said it better myself...

7. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Slappy, we can do just fine with some O'Henry's coffee.

8. Bill Horton

use sand to loosen it up. Mix in a little two or three days before you dig.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Aint happenin... hard pack and it wont blend in... actually, since the trench is so shallow, it works out fine...

As for the comments about alabama, I know I will hear this today.
    Ms. Slappy: Who the fuck is Spnited?
    me: Some old guy. I dont know.
    Ms. Slappy: Well HE needs a fucking life, telling ME I need a life.
    me: He's had a fucking life, dear. Six of them. None of them interesting, but six of them... why?

10. Bill Horton

Spirited,
    Mizzougrad
    MU was not so hard ...
    I'll make the same invitation to you that I made to Flyin' Headbutt.

If you'll provide your own transportation here I will provide you with a place to stay and transportation and food while you're here. I'll clear my schedule for you.
    How can you three always pretend to be such enlightened people and then be so prejudiced and judgemental toward an entire group of people? It's nothing but stereotying and generalizing.
    You three like to act like you're all tolerant and open-minded, but you're really just intolerant and close-minded bigots. Intolerance of any kind is wrong. You people belong in your own special KKK.
    How can you be journalists and have that sort of hateful, self-righteous and sanctimonious attitude toward an entire group of people?

11. Bill Horton

Here's a story from Birmingham worth reading. It has nothing to do with football.

http://www.al.com/living/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/living/1177229718264300.xml&coll=2

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Really ... c'mon. The other way.

There are a hell of a lot worse things you could be doing on a spring Saturday afternoon than watching college football, tailgating, and doing it in nice weather for a change.

You guys really need to spirit that little part of you that may have once been a fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted