1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

911's (allegedly) a joke at Indy Star

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Jul 25, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Who was probably being paid a good $2 less than what the going rate should be.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Can I ask this, though (I'm not placing balme here, honest) - why wait when you know you have to go through the desk anyway?

3. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

from romenesko:

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, that's all well and good, but he's sidestepping the issue that the 911 calls have to go THROUGH someone else.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Dude, if you're thinking Poynter is going to take on any chain paper with any serious intensity, you have a long wait.

Poynter sucks (wait, wait, wait) its cash by convincing people at chain papers to come to St. Pete for training. It will never, ever, ever risk pissing off a chain paper with any frequency.

Poynter is a big part of the problem. Its pretension of being part of the solution is beyond laughable.

EDIT: I see where jackass Ryerson is saying his employees used Star phones. Well, did they use them right away? Could they use them right away? What a fucktard.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ahem.

Where do you think I saw the story originally?

7. I can't imagine, dh.
    Tell us, please.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Non-denial denial.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Linking to a blog column is not the same thing as addressing it.

10. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

1. Can they call 911 from their phones now because this was changed after the tragedy?
    2. Did employees make calls the night of the tragedy but had them routed to security?

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

If you'd like, I'll post Dennis Ryerson's e-mail address so everyone can ask him these questions.

12. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

JRC employees take heed, odds dictate that the same scenario is possible under Bob on my dick Jellinec

Draft saved Draft deleted