1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

90210 premiere on right now!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 28, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I bet you looked younger in 1990 than Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris and Luke "Receding Hairline" Perry.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Aaron Spelling: "So, Luke, how old are you again?"

Luke Perry: ::stammers to answer:: "Well, I'm 34, sir." ::holds on to walker in anticipation of getting the boot::

Aaron Spelling: "Fabulous, we'll hire you! And we'll have you nail the only person who actually is close to the age the characters are!"

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Adrian Zmed?

4. the fop

the fop Member

Donna Martin matriculates! Donna Martin matriculates!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haha no. Maxwell Caulfield. [/lighting myself on fire]

6. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

On the finale, it was "Donna Martin fornicates! Donna Martin fornicates!"

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Actually, they took care of that detail before the finale.

Then, during the finale, she advertised that detail before family and friends.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Quick! Put on SoapNet right now and see Brenda advising Doogie Howser's girlfriend, who calls the Advice Line after she's been date raped!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Quick! Put on SoapNet right now and see the slumber party episode! Complete with bitchy Heathers-like character battling bulimia, Kelly admitting she lost her virginity in the woods, Andrea somehow ending up with the cool kids and the subplot featuring Julie McCullough from Growing Pains--the one booted from the show because her Playboy pictorial past was too much for Kirk "Yawn" Cameron to bear--stealing Steve's car!!! :D :D :D

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Was there anything more bizarre than Growing Pains?

You had Kirk Cameron and his loony religious beliefs. You had the producers letting Kirk Cameron's loony religious beliefs dictate who got to act on the show and who didn't. You had Tracey Gold playing the goody-goody honors student, but in real life she was failing all of her school subjects and battling with anorexia and bulimia problems. You had Jeremy Miller playing cute, little Ben Seaver, and growing up through the most awkward puberty in history. Miller is also only the only 10-year-old I have ever heard of having a nervous breakdown. Not to mention his male stalker who was writing letters threatening to molest and kill him, until the FBI caught him. And you had Alan Thicke actually being associated with a successful TV venture.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Muaahahahahah!!! The poor bastard went thru puberty ON A CRUISE!!! End of the season, he's geeky little Ben Seaver. Beginning of the next season, he's Barry fucking White. And even today, he looks like he never got beyond the gawky stage.

Meanwhile, I forgot this episode was pretty much Tori Spelling's coming out party. I guess daddy figured he had a hit on his hands by this point and decided to work his dumbass daughter into the plot. So she eats popcorn and ice cream and says she wants to be a hooker just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Thanks Aaron!

Props though on the skeletons in the closet storyline.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The other thing about Growing Pains is that it was kind of the Hootie and the Blowfish of TV shows. It wasn't good, but it looked enough like other TV shows that people watched it thinking it was good TV. But as far as wholesome 80s TV families go, the Seavers sucked ass compared to the Keatons in Family Ties. And for my money, if you wanted a TV show about a family with a wise-ass older brother, Jason Bateman did it way better than Kirk Cameron in It's Your Move, which is one of the more underrated sitcoms of the era (Caren Kaye might have been the hottest, wholesome sitcom mom ever).

Draft saved Draft deleted