1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9 years, and counting...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

For some reason, I checked to see when I first registered here.

Though I was a lurker for quite some time before I finally took the plunge, I threw my hat into the ring here back on July 31, 2004.

It's appropriate, I guess, that this place many of us have called "home" for quite some time mirrors what's going on in life: Plenty of ups and downs, highs and lows and, of course, so much change.

I cannot remember a single day in the last 9 years I have not stopped by here and I just want to thank everyone who has and continues to provide this wonderful place for me to hang my hat, so to speak.

Like many of you, I've shared so much here, through good times and bad, probably providing TMI, at times. In fact, I know beyond a shadow of doubt my posts about my parent company are monitored, so I've dramatically curtailed posts of that nature, for self-preservation purposes, only.

Back in 2004, some fellow longtimers may recall I went through some things that almost ended up as an end game for me. During that time, and on many occasions since, so many reached out, many outing themselves privately, and I was, and remain, forever thankful. I've never forgotten your heartfelt acts of compassion and, whenever possible, have attempted to return to gesture.

So, as I celebrate 9 years here, 'tis I who raises a glass to not only this wonderful site, but to the many who've been through so much with and have done so much for me.

These are scary times for us all... something wicked this way comes for all of us, eventually... but I know, I've always known for 9 years and counting, now, I'm not alone.

Thank you, everyone.

- Colton

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's the best water cooler on the planet.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Excellent way to put it, Dick!

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Just checked myself, and my SJ anniversary was Aug. 1, 2005.

I don't comment on many things, but I do love how this site provides plenty of insight on the industry and (most of the time) evokes great conversation. Despite being rather young, I don't visit many websites (maybe 4 everyday) and this one of them. Us journalists are a different walk of life, for sure, but I wouldn't want to do anything else or be anywhere else.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I've never done anything for you.

And you might be alone one day. That's when they get you. Never be alone.

Draft saved Draft deleted