1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9/11 conspiracy theories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Re: 9/11: Real or fake?

The only people who believe 9-11 was staged are the people who are political extremists.

KYSW, I think you need to not listen to your paper's Hotline calls for a while.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I know. They have no place here.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Open invitation -- you can be my guest and interview as many first responders as possible. Would love to know if they tell you anything they don't tell me after a billion drinks, when they're exhausted from tying to find their brothers (this was in October), or six years later, when nothing has changed, pension's still the same, they're still fighingting four-alarm, no raise, shitty radios .... destroyed families, neighborhoods and bureaus, children at a loss, divorces everywhere, guys fighting in their own house to such a degree they need restraining orders.
    If Sarah Palin was interested, she'd look at NY and say they need a million points of light to put these people back together.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Very well said, Ginger.

5. gingerbread

I just know too many wounded souls for this to even be a question.
    And if someone could tell me how to post picts on my mac, I'd share them.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

First of all, I'm not sayin 9/11 did not happen. Our government ain't that smart to come up with something like that.

Secondly, I've seen the documemtary on Discovery several times. Also watched one on CBS two years ago.

I was looking at pics earlier and a site popped up with all these conspiracies, all of which I believe to be bullshit. Reading that crap pissed me off, and that's why i started this: to see what people here think about the conspiracies.

I have my answer, it seems.

7. KYSportsWriter

Thirdly, i just wanted a good discussion. The politics sub-board doesn't cut it for obvious reasons.

And lastly freelance, we got rid of the Hotline awhile back.

8. KYSportsWriter

And ginger, I agree with every word you said.

But like I said, I just wanted a decent discussion and felt this would be a good topic.

9. gingerbread

Fair enough. I didn't mean to impede a good discussion. It's an emotional subject obviously; more so because I get the sense the rest of the country has gone on. Living in the NY area is like living on a different planet around this time. But even beyond that, I always tell my family out west: we talk in two planes: before Sept. 11 and after. It's become part of our vernacular.

But emotions should not have stopped your discussion. Sorry for that. Just give a nod today to the 343 firefighters and nearly 3000 civilians who went to work on a spectacular September day, and never came home.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I broke up with a guy because he believed the conspiracy theories. Only fools go down that path, and fools have no place in my life (other than Stan).

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The conspiracy theories are an infantile attention-whoring attempt to trivialize and dismiss the collective experience.

12. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Real.

The people running this government aren't smart enough to have organized such a precise strike. For further reference, see the Iraq War. And, obviously, they weren't smart enough to prevent it.

Draft saved Draft deleted