1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Valentines Day!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Wishing sweetness and lots of chocolate to all the great lovers of SJ.

If you have some great plans, or just plan to spend some time with the SI swimsuit issue (or even if you just effin hate this day), let's hear it.

But mostly, it's all about the chocolate.

xoxoxo :-*

2. From a relative's FB page ...

Too soon?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I got into the office this morning and it was immediately pointed out to me that I'm wearing black on Valentine's Day. Meh, seems about right.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I wore black today but that's mainly because I'm in mourning for my freedom. :D

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Eh. It's just Tuesday.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Happily married, but no plans to celebrate. Holiday burnout right now after Christmas, her birthday in January, and mine in March, so we typically skip this one. We plan to do some sort of exchange starting next year when children start to get old enough to notice, because we want them to see us show affection for one another on a day when they know affection is supposed to be exchanged.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Gave my wife the traditional orchids this morning from a greenhouse down the road that I like. It was a big winner the first time I brought them home, so I've kept it up for 7-8 years now. This time I got sort of a purple-pink color. She puts them on the kitchen counter and likes that they last so long. She says they remind her of me while I'm away at spring training ... also brought some to my daughter when we visited her at school this past weekend.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The Hallmark Holiday .... BAH!

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm listening to Morrissey. How's that for depressing?

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I hate my life. Carry on.

rb

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm not getting anything, I'm sure, but I did force my husband to watch "Breaking Dawn" and the video below in retaliation.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, gee, I may use the SPECIAL lotion today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.