1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tailgating Writers Opportunity

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by hometeam, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hometeam

hometeam New Member

We are looking for great tailgating writers who can write about tailgating either College or NFL in your area and include pictures with the articles. This would be an ongoing opportunity with a great new magazine. Must have writing experience and love tailgating.

This is a paying position as an independent contractor. Respond to Marcheyman@comcast.net if interested. Please include your area of interest and any experience you have.

2. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Thank you. Now tell us about your generous pay scale.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sure, do tell. But tell us on the freelance board.

4. hometeam

hometeam New Member

Pay is based on the quality of the writer, as we are not a one size fits all type of company. Please email me your resume and any sample articles you have done and we would be more than happy to talk further about this great opportunity.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

In other words, we pay little.

6. hometeam

hometeam New Member

That is absolutely not correct, if you have experience we will pay a very good amount, so before you criticize why not present your work and we can talk further.

7. hometeam

hometeam New Member

We actually pay what I feel is a very generous amount, so before criticizing us why not present your work to see what is available.

8. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Great opportunity at great magazine that is looking for great writers.

No particulars, though.

Isn't that great?

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There is absolutely no reason not to provide the name of your magazine. Well, that is, unless you have something to hide.

10. hometeam

hometeam New Member

Our magazine is Tailgating Digest, we are based in Maryland. We will be launching in Spring 2012 and be publishing bi-monthly in print and online. We have several very large partnership in place for national distribution. We have partnered with a very well known and respected website, Tailgating Ideas, we also have several well known tailgating writers on board as of today.

We are looking for a few additional freelance writers who has written sports/tailgating articles in the past. I can not give a specific pay rate as it will vary based on experience of the individual, however, I encourage people to contact us and we will gladly go over everything in more detail so I am not writing a book here.

I hope that clears up any of the previous complaints above, as we want to be open, honest and will without question be creating a great magazine. Who wants to join us in the journey ahead?

11. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Thanks. Much better to know some details. And best of luck to you. Sounds interesting.

12. hometeam

hometeam New Member

Thanks, I wish I could give exact payment amounts but it really is based on level of experience and if someone can also submit pictures with their articles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.