1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

86 is enough -- RIP Dick Van Patten

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, "When Things Were Rotten" was a lot of fun.

2. Vince VP is/was a play-by-play guy for the WSOP tour.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

WPT (World Poker Tour), not the WSOP.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Vince Van Patten reportedly is somewhere
    in this photo, but I can't find him.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Two things: 1) Abby Bradford had way too much going on back in the day for Tom Bradford for handle her and 2) walking out of a Tyson fight (vs. Holyfield?) at the MGM Grand years ago I looked over and walking next to me (with his grandson, I assume) rather anonymously was none other than Dick Van Patten. Was surprised at how tiny he was. But then again, many well-known actors seem to be on the rather small size.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, Willie Aames is just 5'6" Adam Rich is 5'3" and Grant Goodeve just 5'8" - no wonder DVP seemed taller. (5-9). It also needs to be said about the man, when a few of his TV "kids" wound up in trouble, he often was there to support them and help them out. Seemed like a great guy. Also created Natural Balance dog food, which has had some of the most epic Rose Bowl floats in recent years.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Kudos on pointing out those Rose Bowl floats. They are awesome. Surfing bulldogs, etc.

I have a friend who helps drive (he's the scout/spotter) one of the other floats. There is a pink line down the roads of Pasadena, and that is what he looks for - tells the driver he needs to go left or right to stay on that pink stripe.

Draft saved Draft deleted