1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

80's Super Group

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 29, 2008.

1. Candlebox was formed in 1990 but for some reason I keep thinking of them as from the 1980's. Similar to the movie The Hunt for Red October which was from 1990 but I always think of it as a Reagan era movie.

Colin Hay played the cook on the submarine who was shot by Alec Baldwin in the movie. Not many people realize that.

2. BTW BYH - I like your new look

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-sexy-white-nylon-tricot-tank-top_W0QQitemZ140246032702QQihZ004QQcategoryZ137084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

3. How did this thread get on page 2?

This is the greatest thread evah!

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Coming to a concert venue in SoCal next month:

Billy Idol, Blondie, Devo, The Psychedelic Furs, Twisted Sister, REO Speedwagon

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Get me tickets!!!

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll send you them. What's your address?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My fave song/video of each ...

Billy Idol

Blondie

Devo

Pyschelic Furs

Lost in Translation version (just cuz I love Scarlett) ...

Twisted Sister and REO Speedwagon never really torqued my pecker much, but I listened to them.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I knew you'd be the first to respond after I pulled this thread out of the bottom of the Anything Goes barrel. Sept. 27 in Irvine, Calif. I don't live there, but if I did, I'd protest (but I'd suggest to the Furs that they should bail out with Blondie and do their own two-group tour).

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Billy Idol = couple good songs
    Blondie = great
    Devo = great
    Furs = very good, very under-rated
    Twisted Sister = awful
    REO Speedwagon = proof that there is no god

How do that last two get on the same bill as the first four?

Draft saved Draft deleted