1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

8-year-old kills dad and another man

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 8, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You don't drown fishing if you are wearing a lifejacket properly.

I am going to put the over/under at 25 for the number of children under 16 killed hunting between now and March.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Always an excuse. But there is a common thread. Kids with guns. My husband is a lifelong NRA member. He sold his guns when our daughter was born.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's cool. I myself don't own a gun, probably never will. But I also come from a place where I am definitley in the minority on that. I will also support their right for responsible ownership -- that's the use and storage of. I'm talking for hunting. Personally I have no use for hand guns or anything automatic or semi-automatic, and don't really understand the rationalization to keep them as easily accessible as a .22. I don't have stats infront of me, but I'll go out on a limb here and argue they are used far more often than a rifle when it comes to violence.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm all for a person owning a musket.

5. Or a blunderbuss.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Death penalty enthusiasts?

Is that like pro-abortionists?

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

No. Big difference. I know lots of people who not only believe the death penalty to be Constitutional, but they would be happy - enthusiastic even - to stick the needle in some of these criminals' arms. (Hell, there's a couple of them on here.)

I don't think you can say the same about pro-choice supporters, except maybe Margaret Sanger, the Planned Parenthood founder who was a documented racist.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We must keep different company, because I don't think anyone I know who supports the death penalty -- and believe me, there are a lot of them in the Army -- who actually wants to see another person die.

9. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

I've seen one. It's really no big deal, especially when you factor in that the guy killed two people, including a trooper.

10. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

I'd personally shove a needle into the BTK Killer, if Kansas would let me.

11. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

Good idea: Teaching an 8-year-old about the dangers of guns.
    Bad idea: Teaching an 8-year-old how to shoot the damn thing.

I'm all for responsible gun ownership, but teaching an 8-year-old is not responsible gun ownership.

Draft saved Draft deleted