1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

8-year-old girl dominating her Pop Warner league

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Snipped to remove all context for the fun of it.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK now I've gone from "Awesome!" to "Stupid!" I guess those drills will help her in whatever sport she ends up in, but what is the dad's goal here? Does he really think she's going to play high school football?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with that . A lot of elite athletic programs offer training like that for younger swimmers.

It's better than reading the stories about kids who don't exercise.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I hate dads who are proud of their children.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You don't have kids.

I have taken over 5,000 pictures of my daughter. If she did this, I would make seven t-shirts with her picture on it so I could wear one every day.

He's a proud father. Nothing wrong with that.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That girl can scoot.

We all know that the boys will catc up to her as they mature, etc., and her team sport of the future, with that speed, has to be soccer, softball or basketball as a point guard, but for now she was fun to watch.

The White Mamba.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Dora the Destroyer

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Forget about Auburn or Alabama. The South Florida Youth Football League is about to offer her a three-year deal with an option for a fourth if league organizers can get enough financial commitments from the corner coke kingpins to make it a suitable financial arrangement for all parties.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She gets on a Wheaties box:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/11/girl-football-star-sam-gordon-9-lands-wheaties-cereal-box-cover/

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Good for her.

Draft saved Draft deleted