1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

8-year-old girl dominating her Pop Warner league

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 6, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/11/06/fast-girl-running-back-absolutely-owns-this-boys-youth-league-video/

I think the stats at the beginning are as bogus as any that a Pop Warner coach or parent would come up with. But the big plays she makes aren't bogus.

Wonder when she'll commit to Alabama?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rudy "Sweet Feet" Huxtable says hi.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Nice.

4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Becky "The Icebox" O'Shea is not impressed.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

To answer the question in the cutline as to why they run so much: They can't throw.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll just offered her a roster spot with the Seahawks.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I love all the jackass commenters on that story acting like midget football is an idea created by the devil.

Half of those commenters played football growing up ... without helmets. The male half. Plus one female tailback.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Bob Stoops is ready to say "Hello"

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What's really impressive is her ability to cut on a dime and avoid tackles. Some of those teams she played against did a terrible job defending the edge.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I watched 20 seconds of that. It was one of the saddest things I have seen in a while. Whoever made that video or feels the need to promote the prowess of an 8-year-old in a kiddie sports league really needs to get a life.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

All I'm seeing is a bunch of kids who can't tackle.

OK, cool a girl is dominating in a boys league, but it's a league of eight year olds. Whoopdeedoo. This slow clap is for you.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the video of the 8-year-old boy who dominates the girls at softball.

Draft saved Draft deleted