1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

8 seconds, 10 seconds. What's the diifference?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beanpole, Jan 17, 2008.

1. beanpole

beanpole Member

If the recording was 8 seconds, I'd suspect he's an SportsJournalists.com member ... ;D

NORWICH, Conn. (AP)_ A Norwich man has been convicted in a voyeurism case for allowing a friend to use a cell phone to record a 10-second video of him having sex with his girlfriend.
    Russell Sheppard, 22, was convicted Wednesday of being an accessory to voyeurism and faces up to five years in prison.
    The sex act between Sheppard and his then-girlfriend was recorded in 2004 on the cell phone of Sheppard's friend, Joseph Peters.
    Defense attorney Richard Perry says the recording was a spontaneous act on Peters' part, and Sheppard had no idea the video was being made.
    Peters pleaded no contest last year to one count of voyeurism and received a suspended sentence with three years of probation.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Accessory to voyeurism?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Huh, I thought this would be about BYH.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The difference? Possibly the pleasure of Mrs. BYH.

5. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

This is so stupid how they are going after people who has done nothing wrong in reality.

But to tell you what the difference is I believe its 2 seconds lol. On a serious note how can they convict someone if no crime happend? I got to say I love the American legal system.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Isn't making an unauthorized video of someone having sex illegal?

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

It is. But, only really punishable if you plan to disseminate.

(Always wanted to use that word in this context. Thank you, thank you...)

8. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

According to the first line he was convicted for allowing a friend to film him and his girlfriend....Now I don't see why this is illegal if the friend said do it its ok.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

It was recorded in 2004, so four years later, she wants to press charges. Very interesting. At least the friends didn't pull the rodeo on her (jumping out of the closet mid-intercourse).

Edit: Actually in re-reading this and learning the other definitions of a "rodeo," this sounds like it could constitute some sort of legal action.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm glad I could set you up, sir.

Draft saved Draft deleted