1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

8 player trade between Pacers and Warriors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Sorry, but I think this trade WILL matter. Nelson unloads two of the worst contracts in the entire league AND gets Harrington back in the deal. It, at the very least, gives GState hope.

And, aside from getting whiter, I have NO IDEA why Indiana would do this deal.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They got rid of Jackson, who's turned into a massive problem for the team because he can't behave like a normal human being, and that is probably the real reason for the trade.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

True. I just don't get why they traded Harrington after they tried so hard to bring him in during the summer.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Because he hates Rick Carlisle's coaching style.

Bird is trying hard -- maybe too hard -- to find players who will adapt to his buddy, so he doesn't have to fire him.

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

You know what I'm wondering the same thing any body here have an answer.

6. sportschick

People have answered it, dumbass. Read the rest of the thread.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

That I can understand. This really seems like a cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face deals if that's all there is. So, they got rid of Jackson? Congratulations. They now have:

Dunleavy: Signed for 5 years, $44 million. Averaging 11 ppg. Buried on the bench in GS.
    Murphy: Signed for 6 years, $58 million. Averaging 9 ppg. Tall ... I'll give him that.

8. sportschick

Never said it was smart, just that it's my best guess as a fangirl as to why they did it.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Understand. So, instead of "you've got to give up something to get something," it's "you've got to take something to unload something."

10. sportschick

Precisely, and a guy who shoots up a strip club while on probation for a brawl on a court is a guy you want to unload.

Draft saved Draft deleted