1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

8-9-10 Remembering Dick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 9, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, clever of Obama to invent that phenomenon.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

22 years ago, today:

[​IMG]

Edmonton weeps.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It was 58-years-ago today that my dad was born. If that hadn't happened then maybe there's one less asshole moderator on this board.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

There have been plenty of great ones, just not necessarily as publicly known or nationally recognized.

What made Watergate so amazing was how it went from a seemingly unrelated petty-criminal thing and wound up involving subterfuge on up to the highest echelons of the U.S. government.

At its most basic level, it was leader of the free world engaging in lying/subterfuge of the type one would expect of an 7-year-old trying to cover up a juvenile misdeed.

Thanks to the president's status, power and influence, however, the scope and magnitude, mistrust and loss of face/reputation as a result was greater and much more damaging.

5. dooley_womack1

Nah, another asshole would surely have filled the void.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I was too young to realize what the hell Watergate was, but I think I got a sense of those hearings from the Iran-Contra hearings in the 80s. I was glued to the tv for those.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dude you don't know me but I'll clue you in on something. This is an internet message board. It's not life. It's not death. It's not putting any money in my pocket or taking any money out. That's what matters.
    I don't know what a blowhard is. All I did was create a thread remembering what Nixon did. For you or anyone else to get worked up over that is simply crazy. Perhaps some along here really need to get a life a wife or something. This subject is definitely not worth getting upset over.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to respond, but...

You are insufferable.

I'm not upset. Ragu's response was funny & spot on.

You encourage such responses not only because of your pompous posts but also because of the indignation you express every time you're called on it.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You know who was a blowhard?

This guy:

[​IMG]

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I would have gone with 'Dismembering Dick.'

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

You have got to be kidding, right?
    I hate encouraging you but tell me what is pompous about calling this what it is, a message board? I didn't find anything Ragu said particularly amusing.
    Now what I do find amusing is that you're trying to goad me into some kind of argument and that, pal, ain't happening.
    If you think what he said was funny, more power to you but calling me names isn't going to bother me. You're free to think what you want about me and within limits on this board, say pretty much what you want too.
    In the end, what does it prove? It proves you have a computer and you can anonymously converse with people. Nothing more. Nothing less.

12. dooley_womack1

I would have gone with "Misremembering Dick"[/rogerclemens]

Draft saved Draft deleted