1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7th Heaven dad a Chester?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Ok, I'm kind of surprised by this one. ...

Claims there is audio of 7th Heaven dad admitting to molesting young girls several years ago.

My in-laws LOVED that show.
    It had its share of eye candy.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My wife loved that show too, and still watches the reruns. She'll be stunned when she hears this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

He seemed like such a good guy on Always Sunny.
  4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Frank's not surprised.
  5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

He was an asshole in Brewster's Millions.

Also, Jessica Biel was 14 when that show started.
  6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Not sure of the laws/rules, but couldn't the ex get in trouble for having that recording, apparently knowing about such an issue for years, and not doing anything about it until now?
  7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The story says you can secretly record somebody to gather evidence of a violent felony.
  8. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Yeah, but I think he meant that she had the recording and didn't go to the police. Essentially, acting as an accessory after the fact.

What struck me was the piece that said his therapist told her that he was a sociopath. Isn't that confidential?
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Also, what are the specifics concerning when it happened and statute of limitations?
  10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Are there statutes of limitations when it comes to such crimes? I mean, this is up there with murder, right? And if I admit to killing someone 50 years ago, I still go to prison.
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

There are SOLs.

12. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I remember about a decade or so ago a lawmaker in my state was trying to get the SOL for crimes against children (particularly sex crimes) removed. So, they had to be there for him to wage that battle.
Draft saved Draft deleted