1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

79 reasons why it blows to be a pirate fan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://mondesishouse.blogspot.com/2007/03/79-reasons-why-its-hard-to-be-pirate.html

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This looks familiar....I think it was on one of the baseball threads a month or two ago.

And really there are only two reasons....they suck and there is no reason to think that they will stop sucking any time soon.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I think they'll be better. Of course, that's relative to the 72-90 average they have over the last 10 years.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They were over .500 after the all-star break, and some of their younger position players (namely Sanchez) proved that they could put together good, full seasons and not just be hot for an extended period of time.

They still need a veteran starter to anchor that rotation. In the likely event that they don't get one, there won't be a bunch of improvement.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

How the fuck could anyone still be a Pirate fan is beyond me. This team has fucking over fans for a profit down to a science. Clearly even Yinzers can see this.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, but dammit, that's the team I grew up on the South Side. Kind of stuck with them, for better or worse.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Come talk to me in another 60 years or so. [disgruntledCubsfan/]

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Join the fucking whiny Cleveland bitches. You all suck and you know it. [/arrogantnewyorkfan]

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So when are you going to trade us A-Rod anyway? We'll send you both mark Prior and Kerry Wood.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sad thing is some Yankee fans are so blinded by their hatred of they guy that they'd probably want that deal.

I applaud spnited for labelling himself properly.

The Yankee fans who spend so much time hating A-Rod go beyond arrongant to stupid. They all think he's too weak to play up to his abilities when he is being booed, yet they do it anyway. Even a fan of the lowly Pirates like myself has more sense than that. Why not just shut up and let the guy play?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I am not now, never have been and never will be a Yankees fan.
    My late Brooklyn Dodgers-fan father would haunt me from his grave if ever I would root for "those goddamn stinking Yankees."

And there is no need to have 79 reasons why it blows to be a Pirates fan...there is only one:

They are the fucking Pirates (can substitute any Cleveland team here as well).

Draft saved Draft deleted