1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AHL Editors Roll Call

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Jeff Hawkins, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Jeff Hawkins

Jeff Hawkins New Member

Of all AHL editors, who has a 2010-11 regular-season stringer budget?
    Thank you for your time - and let's be careful out there.

2. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I believe he's asking which papers which cover American Hockey League teams have stringer budgets allotted for the upcoming season.

4. Homeboy needs a job. Keep it up, pimp.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Bishop, the name-calling is unnecessary. People make all sorts of contacts here.

If one happens to live in an AHL city and is available to string games, what harm is there in trying to gauge who might be interested. I'd do the same thing.

6. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Should be on the "help available" board, n'est ce pas?

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I'd be surprised if there was much of a stringer budget for AHL games anywhere.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Some of the papers in markets where the AHL team is a big fish probably do try to string the road games.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Oui. Merci.

10. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I did pretty well with AHL stringing here in Glens Falls, NY.

And I am available for next season. There are some new teams coming into Glens Falls more often.

There were two papers that cover teams in Adirondack's division that regularly wanted stories when their teams were up here.

Draft saved Draft deleted