1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writers, 247Sports

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by ptholey, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ptholey

ptholey New Member

247Sports is seeking energetic, highly motivated sports writers with a passion for college sports and recruiting. The ideal candidate(s) will have online experience covering college football/basketball and high school recruiting. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to identify, manage and break news. Candidates must also have experience working with message board communities. Please submit resume and writing samples to ptholey@247sports.com.

247sports is combining the best in local content and community with cutting edge social media technology to build the next generation of team and affinity properties.

http://www.247sports.com

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Moved to freelance. ptholey, please inform if this is a paying position.

3. ptholey

ptholey New Member

Yes, these are paid positions.

4. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

How much do you pay per article? I looked at your Website, why is there no content? Are you brand new? And even if you are, when will you get at least 5-10 stories up? Quite troubling so far, you'd think that even w/ no sportswriters yet, you'd still have a few handful generating content/stories.
    What kind of stories are you looking for? Mainly just recruiting stuff? What about regular football offseason or preview stuff at this point?

5. LazyReporter

LazyReporter Member

This appears to be legit (at least a legit attempt). Started by the guys who started Rivals.

http://tinyurl.com/25oaekn

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, it can't be worse than Scout.

7. jrw

jrw Member

Did anybody ever hear back regarding these openings?

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hey don't diss Scout. Scout was the only place that would hire me right of college. Of course I only made $550 that summer.

On second thought, Scout sucks.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

From my understanding, they've hired at least one person I know. Not sure if it's full-time, but he's leaving a full-time job to go there. Can't be all that bad.

10. I know they are interviewing working journalists for some of the positions....These folks are the brains behind Rivals, and now the execs are starting a new company after serving a one-year non-compete.

Don't know many details about their strategy, and obviously all the normal caveats apply, but I don't think this is a fly-by-night situation.

11. Syboc

Syboc New Member

I sent in my resume, but haven't heard anything. Sent two follow-up messages and haven't gotten a response. Not sure what is up with this...

12. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Me too, Syboc

Draft saved Draft deleted