1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking Bad Season 3 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Starts Sunday night at 10 EST on AMC.
    Yeah I'm starting the thread few days early, but I'm starting to get geeked up. Walt and Jesse will be taking the next step up the ladder and dealing with the Mexican cartel this season. From the trailers, it looks like they're finally running into some serious trouble this season too, with people figuring out who Walt is and the cartel getting pissed off.
    In the meantime, here's a batch of phenomenal Saul Goodman commercials to whet your appetite:

http://www.amctv.com/videos/breaking-bad/?bcpid=9787693001&bclid=69511873001&bctid=70863883001

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Am trying to catch all of Season two before Sunday with our "On Demand" channel. They have every episode of last season up for viewing until Sunday.

Am up to episode five. Let's see, two hours tonight and pray for rain tomorrow.

Great television

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

AMC is showing five or six episodes tonight. The very first one from season one is on now, followed by a smattering of episodes from season two (including the very excellent "Peekaboo").

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We watched episodes 6, 7 & 8 of Season two tonight. Should be able to wrap up the rest of the episodes before Sunday night.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to it, but I still haven't washed out the bad taste I have from last season's finale. What a comedown.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was disappointed about the finale too, at first. Then I bought into some of the creative mumbo-jumbo explanations by the producers and I'm OK with it now. Without dropping spoilers for the benefit of JR, they basically said everything Walt has done led up to that moment. It was like God was passing judgment on him.
    And, indeed, once you think about how what happened you see how all the pieces fit together. Moment A indirectly leads to Moment B, which was influenced by Moment C. And it can all be traced back to Walt's decision to start cooking meth.

7. Bubbler

I hear you, but I didn't like it even when I did hear the explanation. Thought it missed the mark.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

I've never watched the show, but really want to. Anyone know of a place online where I can find Seasons 1 and 2?

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'm chomping at the bit for the new season, it's one of the best shows on TV right now. A lot of people are staring to say the the best acting is being done on television right now. With the likes of Kranston here, Olyphant on Justified, Emmerson on Lost, Laurie on House and many others, you have to think whoever said that is exactly right.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't see anything on Hulu, but on AMC's website there's a six-minute recap of the show so far and the full finale of Season 2, plus lots of other little goodies.

11. rube

rube Active Member

You guys are right about that finale – what a fizzle.
    I'm cautiously optimistic about season three, this has been the best show on TV over its first two seasons – but I fear it might be running out of steam.
    Here's hoping this one doesn't turn into Mad Men.

12. Bubbler

Good start. A transitional episode, but one that was needed.

Draft saved Draft deleted