1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hilary Duff engaged to Mike Comrie

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Feb 21, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What's wrong with this sentence?

Hilary Duff and her NHL star boyfriend are engaged, the former "Gossip Girl" actress' rep confirmed to Access Hollywood.

11 points in 25 games makes you "a star"

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

To be fair, I wouldn't really refer to her as "the former 'Gossip Girl' actress" either.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

He's scored 20 goals in a season five times. In other words, if he were a Leaf, the ACC would be sold out of his sweater.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

To be fair, he's playing for the Oilers this year and has miss a huge chunk of time due to mono.

I do also question his "Star status" maybe former star or former young star? or something of the like would be more apt.

Going out on a limb here but I have a feeling this wedding will not be celebrated like the Gretzky/Jones nuptials.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Always classy Mike

[​IMG]

Gotta be comforting to know that if the acting thing doesn't work out for the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Duff they can fall back on the furniture industry -- for those that don't know the Comries own and opperate The Brick, a big furniture store chain up in Canada.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

He just turned into a star because he's engaged. It's like Casey Daigle. Journeyman pitcher at best, and then you see who he's married to (Jennie Finch) and you go "you lucky son of a..."

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Beef, didn't he always have the reputation of being a bit of a selfish rich kid?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think that was the rap on him at Michigan...

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie are “So Yesterday.”

The singer filed for divorce on Friday, citing irreconcilable differences, TMZ reports. The couple announced their separation a year ago.

Duff is asking for primary physical custody of their 2-year-old son, Luca, allowing the former hockey pro visitation rights.

The news comes on the heels of a Daily Mail report from Thursday, which claimed that Comrie was spotted drinking and propositioning bar patrons and staff for sex at Mastro’s in Beverly Hills on Jan. 30.

Hilary Duff files for divorce from Mike Comrie | Page Six

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted