1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

755 - Bonds ties Hank Aaron!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giggity

Giggity Member

ESPN.com's headline: 756

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

You just gotta tell it like it is. Did he set the record? Yes. Was he a helluva player? Of course. One of the best ever? Yes. Was he like Hank Aaron? No.

BTW, they just ran an anti-steroids commercial after Bonds was left on deck. Ironic, isn't it?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought I saw that. They've switched it to 755 now. Maybe someone threw in the wrong template.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It just sucks that the younger generation doesn't have that home run hero like a Babe Ruth or a Hank Aaron. At least not yet. Sure, I'll have plenty of stories to tell about this tainted era and the great players who took part in it, but there's a real lack of lore.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A quick scan of major newspapers shows most everyone already has it on their page, though the NY Post does not and the LA Times just has headline about it as does the Seattle Times.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

just saw the replay on the local news. curious, isn't it, that there was not even a clap or smile from selig -- and bonds was greeted at the plate by his son but no outpouring from the dugout by teammates. :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The teammates greeted him over by the dugout. He hugged a number of them.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Bonds coming up to plate to start the next inning. I think this pitcher lets the last one get in his head, he grooves a fastball and you guys are having to rebuild your front again.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The symbolism of the balls deflating wasn't lost on me.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

crap, even a-rod had teammates greeting him at home plate today for 500. the giants couldn't get off their butts for bonds until he got to the dugout? oh, yeah, they hate the s.o.b.

selig refused to go on with espn. wtf? why is he even there, then? what a farce! :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

Booooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

12. Up again. Just walked. Hensley was smarter this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.