1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

755 - Bonds ties Hank Aaron!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He'll hit another one before the night's over.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I think it's cool to be alive to watch this.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Those San Diegans are waaay too nice. Or a lot of Giants fans weasled ducats.

4. Our paper was smart enough to create a Bonds template for today. Thought we'd use it a month ago.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I agree. I even yelled a 'get out' when he hit it. Of course our designer was somewhere else in the building and it was a good 10 minutes before I could find him and tell him the good news that he gets to rip up his front page an hour before deadline.

6. I think you're right.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't know about you people, but should I be fortunate enough to have children who want to learn about baseball, I have a feeling I'll have trouble telling the story of Bonds' pursuit. It's really a bittersweet feeling.

Thank God for Ripken.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No shit.

9. Not only do I think it's cool to be alive, I'm happy for him. In 1993, when there were no doubts about his use, I had an incredibly cordial encounter with him. I was at a Dodgers - Giants game in Chavez Ravine, and after the game, we spotted Bonds getting into his limo. A bunch of nine and ten year old kids.

Half hour later, we spot the limo in front of Jerry's Deli on Ventura Blvd. Wait out front of the place for an hour until he comes out, and he signs at least 15 items for the three of us. Awesome guy back then.

10. HAHAHAHA

11. markvid

markvid Guest

This is only the second time in MLB's 125+ year history that a player has reached the 755 career home runs plateau.

Are you fucking KIDDING?
    For your own sake, get that out of there.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

I have been rooting for him all week.

Cause I will be there next weekend, I don't want anywhere near that circus.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.