1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

753 (3 away) -- Barry Bonds All-Time MLB HR Record Pursuit thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rokski2, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Abbott, you always come through. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha.

Well played, young sire.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, at least they were there.

Yankee Stadium was half-empty when Maris hit No. 61.

THAT is sullen disgust, not alcohol-induced vitrol from people who hate whom they're coming to see . . . but wouldn't miss it for the world.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Barry and the Giants drew a record crowd for a four-game series at Wrigley Field, which has been around for a while.

5. Couldn't have anything to do with the Cubs winning 18 of 23, or the fact that they've added seats to Wrigley in the last year. ::)

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Nobody cares, Cran.

Ha ha.

Seriously, thanks for that information. I missed that.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Giants are 13.5 games out of first and like 14 games out of the wild card. Barry is the only thing that matters to that organization right now.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Never said those factors weren't part of the equation. Are you foolish enough to suggest Barry had nothing to do with it? Barry is box office.

9. No I'm not. Just making sure you weren't foolish enough to think there weren't other factors involved. Your post made it seem that way.

10. boots

boots New Member

I wonder if Barry ties it in Milwaukee and says he's going to wait until the team returns to San Francisco to break it, will Selig do to him what Kuhn did to Aaron? For those who don't remember or weren't born, Aaron tied Ruth on the first day of the season and said he was going to sit out the next two days in Cincinnati. Khun ordered him to play.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Selig's so spineless I doubt he'd have the courage to order the tarp be brought out should it start raining.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Anyone know if he's in the lineup tonight or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.