1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

753 (3 away) -- Barry Bonds All-Time MLB HR Record Pursuit thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rokski2, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I spent a few semesters at 'Cuse and left. Great school and I'd recommend it. I haven't kept up with recent broadcast grads but back in the day the Newhouse program did seem to turn out a lot of guys who were very polished and professional but, to me, sounded pretty similar.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

But the style works, why do most of them stay in the business for decades?

3. cranberry

No question the formula works in a hair-combed sort of way. I'm not a fan, though.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, then that just destroys any credibility Costas might have had.... ::)

5. cranberry

What's your problem? That's two-for-two in childish responses from you today. Please grow up if you expect me to involve myself in a discusson with you.

6. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Hey Cran, sometimes these guys get pretty negative. I am not sure why it is so hard to have civil discussions or why they take disagreements so personally?

7. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

That is very interesting. Then please explain to me why so many here don't talk/listen to me when I know more than almost anyone they could talk to on the subject & can give awesome soundbytes & insight?

Huh, is that because they let personal issues or pettiness overcome their ability to do their job right? Do they care more about advancing their agenda & "punking" me than putting out an accurate groundbreaking story to their audience?

I wonder.

I also wonder how much you some of you guys could have made some serious career moves by leading on this story if you had put even 1/10th the time into working with me as some of you did/do in trying to punk me and discredit me (when that is never ever going to happen)??

I wonder.

Not to gloat or instigate, but man oh man with a statement like that you would think many would have seen the obvious a long time ago.

& don't even THINK of giving me that BS about how I "turned ppl off" as I offered to help ALL of you out FOR NOTHING from the first day I came on here (& still will to cool peeps). So, that excuse is out. As I have said before, in large part I don't care as my views are getting out. I am accomplishing my goals & the tide is turning, as I knew I would. Yet, there is still so much more I know.

And you guys wonder why Bonds and others won't talk to you.

Newsflash, sure some athletes may act like jerks - but so can the media!

Moreover, the public doesn't care about your personal beef with athletes & the more you hold grudges & let that get in the way of doing a good job the more it hurts you.

Just some honest friendly advice.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Flash

Flash Guest

This just in, some guy about whom nobody gives a fuck has an opinion on Barry Bonds.

Fried. Egg. Tits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.