1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

75 things every man should master ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, May 7, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

You're right. I enjoyed reading that list, but yeah, you're right.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I actually thought it was pretty interesting. Esquire has always been really good at stuff like this. Anybody who takes it as some sort of absolute is an idiot, obviously, but I did get a couple of, "You know, I probably should learn how to do that" moments out of it.

And P_O, I thought that bacon thing sounded sketchy. I am practically obsessed with bacon, but I've never heard of anyone baking it.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Agreed, although it's not as bad as these lists of '12 things every guy should own' ... as if one is sub-human without Egyptian cotton sheets of the correct thread count and just the right espresso maker.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How many can Jonesy do???

:D

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Argue with a European without getting xenophobic or insulting soccer."

How many people around these parts can do this one?

6. Hell, I can't argue with our cats without insulting soccer.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And I don't blame you.

8. ArnoldBabar

Cats are notorious soccer lovers.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Never cook your fucking bacon in the oven. (Damn, Esquire, what kind of fucking tip was that? ::)

Stick it in the frying pan, on medium-high heat, for 2-3 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Turn off the stove. Place the bacon strips on two paper towels and pat them down to de-grease it. Then, eat.

After the frying pan has cooled, put the bacon grease into a freezer-safe container. The next time you cook eggs, stick a little bacon grease in the pan first as you're heating it up and it'll give them a scrumptious flavor.

Fucking stupid list.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You can cook it in the oven on foil. Less greasy, more crispy

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just go to the diner. There's less of a chance I'll burn my house down.

12. ArnoldBabar

What the hell kind of futuristic stove do you have that cooks bacon in 5 minutes on medium high heat? In my world bacon is a 20-30 minute process.

Draft saved Draft deleted