1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

720 Dunk

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Jul 4, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

The same way one about a 10-year-old basketball player turns into a dissertation on the hotness of a 15-year-old coked-out Drew Barrymore.

2. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Still, though, she's hotter now than as a 15-year-old. And I've never seen her hotter than in Charlie's Angels.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The reason they suck isn't because they watch all the And1 stuff on TV. The reason they suck is because they can't DO it.

4. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Come on. If any decent group of basketball athletes tries even 50 percent when they play defense, those moves you see so regularly on AND1 would be all but eliminated.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, believe me, Starman has this baby nailed shut.

If you're getting enough air beneath you to do this kind of stuff, you're not going to be shut down by average defenders.

(And if you develop a reliable 18-foot J while airborne like that, you're a star.)

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Gotta agree with one of the first statements on here. Very impressive, and all, but until U.S. players can routinely demonstrate the fundamentals better than their foreign counterparts, they'll continue to blow on the world stage.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

She was up there in Poison Ivy, too.

8. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Back on topic, that is a sick dunk.
    That is some serious explosion.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

After seeing the thread title, I am shocked it wasn't started by A_F.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think about this every time some big superstar (*cough* Shaq *cough*) goes to the line for two free throws and a commentator makes an observation about how poorly he shoots from there. It's like, hello, you're making millions of dollars a year. There's an unguarded net only 15 feet away. You're telling me you can't even put the ball in that net half the bloody time? Sit your ass down on the fucking bench.

11. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

And there are tailbacks who can't catch a simple swing pass out of the backfield and catchers who can't throw out base stealers. There are players lacking basic skills in every sport. This is never going to change.

Draft saved Draft deleted