1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly lecturing again

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

This time it's telling Tiger Woods to grow up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=4347419

I guess taking a your fiance to the press box is a grown up act. It's something the college student does to impress his girlfriend.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I see what he did there.

3. spud

spud Member

This Reilly guy... I think he's going places.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is the best column Reilly has written for ESPN. The criticism that started this thread is so juvenile that it's a comment on the poster and not the author.

5. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I love the 'Tiger does a lot of great stuff, is a great guy, and is a great golfer, but gee gosh golly could ya stop dropping F bombs?' Reilly has yet to write a compelling piece since his ESPN debut.

6. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

"This is the best column Reilly has written for ESPN. The criticism that started this thread is so juvenile that it's a comment on the poster and not the author."

Rick? Is that you?

7. part-timer

part-timer Member

Uh, Rick, Bobby Jones was never a professional golfer.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

While I didn't love the column, or anything Reilly did on TV, I do agree that Tiger's could handle himself better when things aren't going well. I don't know if he's the only one who slams clubs after bad shots, but he's the only one we see.

There was a moment during the second round when I thought that if Tiger were a tennis player he'd probably be like McEnroe.

9. Hookem06

Hookem06 New Member

Thanks Rick for chiming in.

ESPN needs to ask for part of his salary back because he has not lived up to the hype. Somewhere out there Sport Illustrated execs are smiling.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I liked it.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Does he write about anyone who isn't Barry Bonds, Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant?

12. spud

spud Member

Yeah, sometimes he writes about mentally challenged softball players who hit walk-off home runs and quadriplegics who do triathlons. You know, because it's Reilly Sentimental©.

Draft saved Draft deleted